Overseas applicants

This section contains information on immigration and professional requirements for overseas allied health professionals applying to the WA Country Health Service.

Immigration Categories

The WA Country Health Service employs allied health professionals from overseas in the following visa categories:

  • Working Holiday Visas
  • Student Visas (if appropriate)
  • Temporary Work Visas  (if appropriate)
  • Permanent Resident.

WA Health is able to assist with sponsorship for temporary or permanent visas (conditions apply).

Professional Requirements

The entry qualification for most allied health professions is the equivalent of an Australian bachelor degree or higher. Applicants must also satisfy the English language requirements, which may involve undertaking an English language test.

All persons wishing to practice in Australia must have their qualifications assessed by the relevant organisation, and many allied health professions also require registration with an Australian national board. 

For information on relevant assessment agencies please visit the WA Health International Applicants - Allied Health and Health Science Professionals instructional webpage.

Useful Links

For further information, visit the relevant websites listed below: