Qualification and registration requirements

Qualification requirements

The entry qualification for all allied health professionals at WA Country Health Service is the equivalent of an Australian bachelor degree or higher.

Registered professions 

To be employed within Western Australia, the following professions require registration with the relevant professional board.

While the primary role of each board is to protect the public, they are also responsible for registering practitioners and students, as well as other functions, for their professions.

The Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) is the single agency that supports the Boards and the National Registration and Accreditation Scheme and is governed by the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law (WA) Act 2010.

Self-regulating professions

For the following disciplines, there is no legal requirement for registration, however the WA Department of Health requires professionals to meet the eligibility requirements for membership of the relevant professional association.

International applicants

WA Country Health Service employs allied health professionals who hold the appropriate qualifications, registration (where required), and have suitable working visas.

Allied health professionals who have completed their qualifications outside of Australia must have their skills and qualifications assessed by the relevant professional board or association, as above.

If you are an overseas student currently completing a relevant tertiary qualification at an Australian university, you are able to apply and be considered for positions at WA Country Health Service.

Please note that eligible visa holders will be considered for fixed term contracts only. Australian citizens and permanent residents can be considered for permanent positions.

For further information, visit the websites listed below:

Last Updated: 06/11/2023